Show Rules and Regulations:
1. A fifteen dollar ($15.00) Entry Fee is required to hold a tank for all contestants.
2. Entry fees are non-refundable.
4. All water loading and electrical connections will be made by booth personnel only.
5.The contestant will provide:
▪ All Decorations
Albuquerque Santa Fe Aquarium Society will provide (Retail value of over $60.00 plus 3-day contestant admission):
▪ A ten (10) gallon aquarium with light and full hood (Tank: 20”L x 10”W x 12”H)
▪ 50 watt heater
▪ Ten gallon size power filter
▪ Chemicals to condition water
▪ Fish food
▪ Net for fish
6. add as needed
7. add as needed
8. At the end of the show, all contestants will receive the aquariums and accessories as Albuquerque Santa Fe Aquarium Society’s “Thank You” for participating.
9. To receive a tank it must not only be paid for ($15.00 entry fee) but it must be properly decorated – Not just gravel and fish.
10.Albuquerque Santa Fe Aquarium Society & Booth Personnel reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason.
11. Albuquerque Santa Fe Aquarium Society and its representatives are not responsible or liable for the loss, theft, damage or condition of the fish, decorations or equipment.
13. Judges decisions are final.
14. Rules & Regulations are subject to change without notice. (Please check for updates before signing your entry form.)
15. There will be a “sign up for info on next year’s Kid’s Aquarium Contest” sheet located adjacent to the contest. Encourage your friends to sign up at the show to enter the contest next year if they are unable to do so for this year.
Judging is separated by 3 age groups:
A.Group I – ages 5, 6, 7 & 8
B. Group II – ages 9, 10, 11 & 12
C. Group III – ages 13, to Adult
B.Judges distribute awards to each age group for 2 separate categories plus Sponsor’s Choice:
First, second and third place winners will receive a Rosette Ribbon, for each age group within each the Natural and Creative categories. Aquariums within the Natural and Creative categories combined will be awarded the Sponsor’s Choice Award of first, second and third. All children will be honored with a participation ribbon and the rewards of responsible pet ownership.
“Natural” Category: Any aquarium in this category should mimic nature. Examples include a natural lake bottom, stream or river. Although we encourage natural objects, plants, rocks, driftwood, etc., we have had contestants add pollution to make an inventive statement.
“Creative” Category: Aquariums in this category are a stretch of your child’s imagination. A creative aquarium can include dinosaurs, holiday snowmen, mirrors or even city skylights. Handmade decorations and or anything store bought as a decorator set such as a movie set or themed.